This morning I woke up and realized it's exactly one week left til my marathon. I am flooded with a mix of emotions thinking back to the beginning of my training, the progress thus far, and the reasons I started this journey. There is a sense of strength that accompanies successfully progressing toward a goal. Overcoming obstacles to arrive at this point required a lot of self-talk, willpower, and determination. It's made me more sure of the person I am now and convinced of who I can become.
Throughout my training, I have come to see there are many comparisons between a long run and real life. Here are just a few of my personal favorites:
1. It's a long road and sometimes you have to learn to walk alone.
2. When you feel tired, just breath and somehow you always find the strength you need.
3. There will always be lows, but remember if you keep on going there will always be highs too.
4. Little steps can carry you very far.
5. Care for yourself, what you do the day before will effect the day after.
6. Don't look back and count the steps, look forward at where you are going.
7. People come and go. Not all can keep your same pace.
8. Sometimes the shoe doesn't fit, get a new shoe.
9. Some days shit happens, it could be worse. (Literally!!!)
10. Built over miles everything is made stronger, lasts longer, and runs deeper.
Don't give up on yourself; breakthroughs often happen if you are willing to be patient and work hard to get there. Dream big and Run long my friends! See you at the finish line.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.